1 Lrg Onion
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp Morroccan Spice (from your local supermarket)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 – 1/2 cup water
1/2 tin Chick Peas (washed and drained)
1/2 tin Lentils (washed and drained)
2 large fresh tomatoes chopped up (you can use a 1/2 tin look for low sugar and low salt)
Fresh Baby spinach leaves (1/2 handfuls)
Fresh Coriander (couple of sprigs) (can also use continental parsley if desired)
3 shallots/spring onion (slice off the green with scissors for topping the cottage cheese)
1) Cook up your onion garlic in a hot pan till lightly brown
2) add mince and all dried spices
3) once browned add water, chickpeas and lentils and chopped tomatoes.
4) Cook until tomatoes soften and mix thickens
5)Taste test and add more spices if required.
6) Make a nice bedding on a plate of the spinach leaves and coriander.
7) Add your Mince Mix
8) Dollop on your Cottage Cheese and add your cut up shallots
NOTE: Fresh herbs can be added to mix for variety or if you don’t feel like eating them fresh lol Better for you and more nutrients if they do go in your body fresh.
Divide up remaining portions and freeze – to reheat – 2-3mins in the microwave and ta dah!