Makes: Approx 130 Meatballs – or 13-15 servings (depending on size)
- 1kg Beef Mince (I use 5 Star Lean Mince)
- 2 Medium Carrots (washed and ends chopped off)
- 1 Med to large Zucchini (washed and ends chopped off)
- 1 Lrg Brown Onion (peeled and cut in half)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (can substitute with 1 Tblsp Minced Garlic)
- 1 + 1/3 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 Cup LSA (Linseed, sunflower and Almond Mix)
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tblsp Moroccan Spice
- 1 Tblsp Cumin
- 1 Tblsp Oregano
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I don’t add Salt)
- Pop your oven on 180C (approx 350F) make sure you have two available trays evenly spaced.
- If you are lucky enough to have a processor like me – throw in the Zucchini carrots and onions and garlic cloves and Zip it through the grater – if you don’t have one! Don’t panic it just means more chopping and grating for you! 😦 sorry!
- Pop all your mince into a BIG (and yes I mean BIG) Bowl and then add your shredded veg (Carrots, Zucchini, Onion, Garlic).
- Get your hands dirty and squelch it all together mixing it up.
- Then evenly throw in the spices, almond meal, LSA and Sesame Seeds – and get your hands dirty again – I watch to see when the sesame seeds are all evenly spread throughout the mixture to know the spices are mixed in well too!
- Whisk eggs in a bowl then add to mixture, get your hands dirty again and mix it all up – test the consistency – take a small amount squeeze it in your hand and then pitch it back at the mixture if it goes splat its perfect
- Now time to scoop – I use my Tablespoon as an even measure – Scoop it in the mince, tap it out into your hand and then squeeze gently and roll, place on baking paper on trays approx 2cms apart from each other. You CAN place it on racks to let any moisture drip but they may stick – I just like using the paper.
- Place the first tray straight into the oven on the top shelf (you will get a good system going)
- After 10mins in the oven turn the meatballs upside-down and then change the position of the tray to the bottom shelf in the oven then the next tray can go in, keep turning and rotating every 10mins. Whilst your meatballs are in the oven cooking – keep making meatballs out of the mixtures just place them on some paper ready to put onto the trays when the other batches are cooked.
- Note: I have about 10-13 meatballs for a meal and maybe 4-5 for a snack.
Also – can be enjoyed with my CLEAN Tomato Sauce from scratch 🙂 CLICK HERE to find that recipe 🙂
Another option to make with this mixture: Sausage Rolls