- 500g chicken
- 1 Can of Chickpeas, rinsed well – you can use dried chickpeas – just soak 1 cup then boil for 20mins.
- 4 shallots cut into 4 inch pieces then sliced in half
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste (optional if you like HOT add it) if not its quite a nice hot already)
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp Green Thai Curry Paste (not 100% clean but definitely in the OK zone)
- 1 tsp Lemon Grass (I used jar presliced lemongrass) (can omit if you dont have it)
- Quick dash of Tamari (or soy sauce – tamari is ‘clean’)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- Baby Bok Choy (1 pk of 3 sml or 2 Large)
- 1/2 Green Capsicum sliced.
- handful of Pine Nuts added either at last minute or add to the dish when its on your plate.
1) In a warm pan put in your onion, ginger, garlic, green thai paste, tamari sauce and lemon grass, chilli and mix
2) Increase heat and once hot add in chicken cook up and seal chicken till white all over.
3) Add water and shallots and capsicum and bok choy
4) Smell… mmmmmm yumm! Let chicken cook and test the biggest pieces of chicken you see cut it in half and check its cooked.
5) Add in the chickpeas and stir through.
6) Serve on your plate.
7) Sprinkle with pine nuts eat as is!
NOTE: Freeze remaining portion for a quick meal