Makes: Approx 16 Patties (cupped hand size)
- 400g Tuna tinned – rinsed and drained in a sieve
- 2 Small Carrots (washed and ends chopped off)
- 1/2 Med Zucchini (washed and ends chopped off)
- 1 Lrg Brown Onion (peeled and cut in half)
- 1 + 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 3 eggs (whisked in a bowl)
- 1 handful freshly chopped up parsley
- 2 Tblsp Dijon Mustard (Mine is a pretty clean choice)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice (or a good quick dash from the bottled juice)
- Good lot of pepper
- pinch salt
- If you are lucky enough to have a processor like me – throw in the Zucchini carrots and onions and Zip it through the grater – if you don’t have one! Don’t panic it just means more chopping and grating for you! 😦 sorry!
- Pop all your Tuna into a BIG Bowl and then add your shredded veg (Carrots, Zucchini, Onion).
- Add in your almond meal and mix it all up with a spoon
- Add in your Dijon Mustard and salt and pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Taste test (before adding egg)
- Add whisked eggs to mixture, get your hands dirty again and mix it all up
- Pop your nonstick pan on your stove top and heat up to med/warm temperature.
- Cup the mixture into palm size balls and then press down onto the pan to make a patty.
- Wait until you can see the patty is drying out near the base of the patty, then check one – when its browned lightly to your liking – flip it over and complete the same on the other side.
- Cook them low and slow and it will cook the egg mix and warm throughout giving it a yummy flavour!
I have 3.5 for a meal and 2 for a snack! (depends on your size though)